PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 28, 2015

Fall Layered Cake

I know, the title is super original...pretty much just stating the obvious. A moist (oh boy, yes I used that word even though I really kind of loathe it) four layered white buttermilk cake, with cream cheese frosting! I just felt like three layers wasn't quite enough *haha.  Each layer is the color of what this Fall season represents...orange, yellow, copper, and red.

I was actually up in the Utah mountains this last week and the Aspen leaves are beginning to change. It was like the whole mountainside was on fire, and I was reminded why I love this season so very much...and so this cake just seemed completely fitting. :-)

I used this recipe for the cake part and this recipe for the frosting part. Have I mentioned how much I love frosting...it's like butter to my bread.

***also the best, most vibrant food dye is Wilton food dye. I'm tellin' ya it makes a huge difference if you want the colors to be like "wazam!". I got mine at Joannes.

disclaimer: By no means am I a pro when it comes to cake baking. I mean seriously, for anyone who bakes a cake where the frosting looks flawless...I really need you to teach me your ways. However, I did love the way the colors turned out and like I always say, cake is good for any occasion. And on this occasion, it was because it was Tuesday. :-)
^^^My little helpers. Sometimes I wish they'd rather watch...but that is just never the case ^^^

bon appétit! 


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. that was a great bonding and i can see that your children enjoys it a lot :)
    Must see Real Estate Lake LBJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same Day Agra Tour by car is the best tour package for those guy who planning to visit Agra city/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

    Well over 160k women and men are hacking their diet with a easy and SECRET "water hack" to drop 2lbs each night in their sleep.

    It is easy and works with anybody.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Go grab a clear glass and fill it up with water half full

    2) Now do this weight loss HACK

    you'll be 2lbs lighter the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Water Hack Burns 2 lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

    Over 160k men and women are utilizing a easy and secret "liquids hack" to lose 1-2 lbs each night while they sleep.

    It is simple and works all the time.

    Here's how to do it yourself:

    1) Go grab a glass and fill it half glass

    2) And now use this weight losing HACK

    you'll be 1-2 lbs skinnier in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're trying to lose kilograms then you certainly have to try this totally brand new custom keto plan.

    To produce this service, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and cooks united to develop keto meal plans that are powerful, convenient, price-efficient, and delightful.

    Since their launch in early 2019, hundreds of clients have already transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a proper keto plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones offered by the keto plan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...