PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 13, 2014

The merriest of merry go rounds

Hey friends! I decided to take a little bit of an unintentional hiatus from this here bloggy. It seems that time just literally flies by...so cliche, but so true! We have been going on small business trips with my husband; which sort of messes with my routine. Right when we get into the groove of things we pick up and tag along once again! I figured I might as well enjoy this time of our lives when we can be more spontaneous, with no school or practices or whatever else holding us back.

Anyways, one of the trips we joined my husband on was out to Northern California. My sister lives there so I figured it was a perfect excuse to go visit her and the cousins! It was far too short and I wish so bad she lived closer...but we had so much fun exploring her neck of the woods.

One day we went up to Berkley to  Tilden park where there's the most beautiful antique merry go round; one of the fewest left in the United States! It was built back in 1911. The craftsmanship is what amazed me...the detail in the paintings, carvings and vibrant colors! I mean the horses had tails made with real horse hair for crying out loud! Anyways it was so fun and the kids loved it so if you're ever in this area you should make the trek to this place!
  ^^^and this photo I just couldn't help but post. We got to dress up once again for their church trunk or treat...any excuse to get extra candy is a good excuse, right?! Luckily, I was able to be a cat alongside my sister who was the best cat lady I ever did see! 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...